What is the AMIGOS Summer Program?
AMIGOS is a leader in international youth development. Our Summer Programs give young people, ages 16 to 25, an opportunity to gain life experience and leadership training over 4 to 9 weeks of living and working with communities across the Americas. Program participants work with US and Latin American peers to design and lead community projects related to areas such as public health, youth engagement, and environmental sustainability.
AMIGOS training prepares participants to manage projects, organize community members, solve problems, accept responsibility, and learn from others. Program participants live with a host family in a community, experiencing day to day life as a local, not a tourist. This authentic cultural and language immersion enables youth to have an impactful and unforgettable summer.
What does a summer participant do?
- Live with a host family in a small to medium sized community
- Improve your Spanish during your true cultural immersion
- Facilitate activities that engage children in your host community
- Gain hands on experience in running community development projects
- Work closely with US and Latin American participants your age to design and lead projects
- Have an incredible time and make life-long friends!