Volunteering Through the International Office
(Formerly called the Correspondent Volunteer Program)
Follow the steps below to apply to Volunteer if you do not live near a chapter city.
Si necesitas obtenerla en Español, favor de contactar a Susie Ventura (email@example.com).
1. BEFORE beginning an application
- Click here to review our summer program requirements, especially the General Health Criteria for Participation to determine if you are eligible based on our requirements.
- Review browser requirements here.
3. Once you have started an application, you will see your personal dashboard where you can track your form submission progress.
Forms to be completed online on your Dashboard:
1. Basic Application
2. CHF I
3. Passport Information
4. $500 Deposit*
5. Volunteer Assignment Preference Form
6. CHF III (to be completed after you have submitted your CHF II)
Forms to be downloaded, printed, signed, scanned, and uploaded onto your online Dashboard:
1. Acknowledgement of Standards of Conduct
2. Consent and Release Agreement
3. Letter of Health Disclosure
4. Release of Health Information (if 18 by time of application)
5. CHFII *Must be completed by a doctor
6. Copy of Passport (upload)
7. Headshot (upload)
8. Parent Permission to Travel (if you are under 18 years old)
*Pay deposit through your dashboard OR send a check to:
Amigos de las Americas
Attn: Volunteer Services
5618 Star Lane
Houston, TX 77057
(Be sure to include "Deposit: [Your Name]" on the memo line of the check.)
The deposit is refundable up until the Volunteer is interviewed and assigned to a Project.
1. Complete Online Financial Aid Request Form
2. Scan and upload most recent Tax Form 1040
3. If you plan to extend your stay in country, please read AMIGOS In-Country Release Policy and complete the In-Country Release Form. Scan and email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are going to Paraguay:
If at any time during this process you have questions, please contact us at 1-800-231-7796 or email@example.com.